Who is it for?
People living in Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes are men and women, 18 years of age and older, with a Developmental or Intellectual Disability, who need support with daily living. These living arrangements may include AFC Providers who are single, couples, and families with children. The provider must be over the age of 21 and meet the qualifications and criteria established for providers of adult foster care.
What is Adult Foster Care?
AFC providers offer a family-centered living situation in their home with individualized supports, including personal care, relationship building, and assistance with medications. AFC provides people with community living support, which includes the activities of daily life: family, friends, recreational opportunities, and the privacy and comfort of a home setting.
Criteria and Trainings
Prior to placement in an adult foster home, LifeSkills will be responsible for ensuring a home assessment is completed to determine if AFC is appropriate for the individual. Caregivers must complete the LifeSkills orientation and complete all training designed for the Supports for Community Living waiver. The AFC provider will receive 24/7 on-call support while helping someone in need by giving them a loving home. You can earn $3,000 a month and up to $500 in room and board.
Anyone living in the applicant’s home must not have a felony conviction in their background.
If you or someone you know may be interested in the Adult Foster Care program please call (270) 901-5000, ext. 1228 or email Donna Sweeney at email@example.com or Leslie Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So much more than a valuable career opportunity
- Give someone a loving home
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from home
- Receive an exceptional compensation package
- Access to 24/7 on-call supports
- Earn up to $3,000 per month tax free, plus $500 more for Room and Board
- Get your own support team
- Earn 20+ paid respite days
- No-interest loans offered for home modifications
Need More Info?
Need help with a loved one?
Our goal is to provide a loving home, meaningful relationships and the highest quality of life possible.
- We are the “Premier Provider” of Adult Foster Care service in Western and South Central Kentucky
- We provide AFC support to over 100 individuals
- We contract with over 75 AFC providers – from all walks of life – socially, culturally, economically, family size and make-up etc.