- There are over 8,500 children and adolescents in foster care statewide and over a 1,200 in our region alone. There is a great need for safe, secure, and loving homes, providing the foster youth with the ability to work toward reunification, adoption, or independent living. You can provide that home, offering a foster youth the chance to have a brighter future. (Statewide Foster Care FACTS)
- Through LifeSkills, TFC, you will be given the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child or teen. Here are just a few examples of the services and support therapeutic foster parents receive:
- 24-hour access to LifeSkills, TFC staff.
- Guidance and support from case management, therapist, program coordinator and director.
- Initial therapeutic foster parent training as well as opportunities for ongoing training to better meet the needs of children and teens in care.
- Here is a link to more information about LifeSkills, TFC as well as frequently asked questions: Learn More
- To learn more about LifeSkills, TFC, please contact the TFC Assistant at 270-901-5065.
LifeSkills, TFC Testimonials
“The agency at lifeSkills is very supportive, you can pick up the phone any hour, any day and get a hold of someone to talk to…you’re not alone doing this…” – Pat Dubert, LifeSkills, Therapeutic Foster Parent
“The staff at LifeSkills is amazing…” – Betsy Allara, LifeSkills, Therapeutic Foster Parent
“Working with LifeSkills staff has been one of the best teams to work with” – DCBS guardian