Building positive memories with family is important! We know a lot of families get caught up in
the rush of school, after-school activities and work and don’t always slow down for some
intentional positive time together. Our team had some great suggestions:
- Do a family activity once or twice a week! Game night, picnic in the park, hiking,
popcorn/movie night with pillows and blankets in the living room.
- Create a memory box/jar! Write down the positive things you do as a family then go
back and read them at the end of the month or year.
- Family dinner time! Sit together, without electronics and enjoy a meal without
distractions. Talk about your day!
- Cook dinner together! Get everyone involved! Even little kids can help with setting
the table or getting items together or even picking our new recipes to try!
- Really anything! Carve out some dedicated time for your family to just be together.
It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or be something you do every single night –
just enjoy each other!